Sunday, August 1, 2010

SkyMall: the mall in the sky!

On my way to Las Vegas yesterday, I killed over an hour flipping through the SkyMall catalogue. Twice. If you're not familiar with it already, SkyMall is a shopping magazine located in the seat pocket that also houses the plane's safety instructions. It's like a mall in the sky... genius! The catalogue offers an eclectic mix of goodies (health meets home meets high-tech gadgets meets pet gizmos, and more!). There are so many items for sale, you can't not browse through it more than once.

There were a few items that caught my eye, in no particular order, here are my top ten must-haves from the SkyMall catalogue:


  1. Face Trainer - Also known as the "Not tonight, honey, I've got a headache" mask.
  2. Foot Alignment Socks - Also known as the "Not tonight, honey, I've got a headache" socks.
  3. Pet Crate End Table - Why, just the other day, I was looking at my end table and thinking "Stupid end table. Why can't you do anything else?" Problem solved!
  4. Brobdingnagian Sports Chair - Perfect for Bluesfest, dontcha think?
  5. Zombie of Montclaire Moors - For the horticulturalist in your life who already has everything.
  6. iHome Radio Spy Hidden Camera - For the pervert in your life who already has everything.
  7. Wrist Cell Phone Carrier - Never lose your cell phone again, and look cool while you're at it.
  8. SkyRest Travel Pillow - Because it wouldn't be awkward to sit next to this guy. Not awkward at all!
  9. Brightfeet Lighted Slippers - Why should toddlers have all the fun?
  10. Roll-up Electric Piano - Because idle hands are the devil's workshop!

4 comments:

  1. What a pile of junk! Although DH now wants the zombie statue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so ordering that travel pillow for our upcoming flight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is like the really crappy showcase on the Price is Right. Smile and clap everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the slippers - I probably wouldn't spend money on them though.

    ReplyDelete